Tuesday, February 3, 2009

By Faith

Okay, I have resisted until now about creating my own blog. I find it therapeutic to compose my feelings into written word and never have to speak them. I don't want this forum to become the only way I can express myself so I have been holding back, but I can't take it anymore! So, I think I will start by telling you the source for the title of my page. My father was a minister for many years before he died. One of his sermons my family and I playfully nicknamed his "By Faith" sermon. The sermon covered Hebrews chapter 11. He spoke about how many great figures operated "by faith". My father was always the light of my life. He carefully molded my faith as a potter molds clay. I thank God everyday for the foundation Dad gave me. I strive to live "by faith" and let God guide my every footstep. Though, I find as I get older that it becomes increasingly more difficult to live "by faith". I feel that I should be able control the people and things around me. And heaven forbid when I am unable to do so! God is definitely opening my eyes to a new world of submission and patience.

No comments: